This year at SoCal Swordfight we do have to take some precautions related to the COVID-19 pandemic. We are taking these precautions in the interest of keeping our participants and attendees safe and to be in compliance with city of Long Beach, the county of Los Angeles, and State of California regulations.
With this in mind, we are implementing a 3-step system:
- To attend SoCal Swordfight 2022, you will need to provide your Photo ID AND either item A or B below:
A) Proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Must include your name, type of vaccine, and date of the last dose.
- "Full vaccination" is considered to be two weeks after the full 2-dose series (1 dose for J&J). A booster vaccine is not required at this time.
- Acceptable forms of proof are either your vaccination card (physical, photo, or digital) or documentation from you healthcare provider showing full vaccination.
B) Proof of a negative COVID-19 test (physical or digital). Must include your name, type of test, negative result, and the date of the test.
- Rapid antigen tests must be conducted within 1 day before entry.
- PCR tests must be conducted within 2 days before entry.
- Submit to self symptom screening and digital temperature checks prior to entering the event each day.
- Wear an approved mask while indoors, as outlined by the ordinances listed below, with the exception of while eating or drinking in areas designated for doing so.
We will email you prior to the event with instructions how to provide proof of the items listed in 1 above, as well as any changes to these protocols.
Please take a few minutes to review our policy and requirements, as well as those of the Health and Human Services Departments of the City of Long Beach, County of Los Angeles Office of Public Health, and the State of California.
Please note that as has been the case since the onset of the pandemic, these procedures and regulations are subject to change. Please consult the links above before solidifying your travel plans. We will do our best to keep you as up to date as possible if information changes.